|My Blog: LevelBridge|
|Download PDF version|
I am a senior IT and client services leader with 20+ years industry experience. Versatile and multi-skilled as evidenced by my background (years below overlap):
Former Founder/Principal Consultant of Logical View, Inc.; Very customer-focused; Excels at bridging the gap between technology and business; Outstanding verbal and written skills; Strong work ethic with proven ability to “get it done”.
AmerisourceBergen Corporation (ABC) (Sep 2010 – Present)
Director, Customer Mobile Solutions
· Manage customer-facing mobile solutions used by approximately 10,000 customers across all ABC Drug Company segments: Retail, Hospital/Health Systems and Alternate Care pharmacies. Scope of responsibility includes mobile application design/development/deployment, hardware devices, connectivity, web services and back-end integration.
· Develop and maintain a multi-faceted mobile strategy tailored to both the enterprise requirements of health systems institutions and the market-driven goals of retail stores while seeking synergy and standardization internally.
· Build, communicate and execute a vision of greater freedom, increased agility, timely information and proactive service in providing a mobile solutions portfolio flexible enough to meet a variety of use cases.
· Maintain and exploit functional expertise on pharmaceutical procurement systems used by both hospital/institutional and retail pharmacies, recognizing the unique requirements and concerns of each segment.
· Leverage and extend the company’s investment in SAP through the use of compatible and effective mobile solutions.
· Stay abreast of technology research and trends in the mobile space, seeking new applications as opportunities arise.
Wescoe School of Muhlenberg College (Mar 2000 – Present, part-time)
IS Program Coordinator and Adjunct Professor
As the IS Program Coordinator, I coordinate the instructional, advisory, and learning functions of the Information Systems accelerated degree program across faculty, students, policy, and curriculum.
As an Adjunct Professor within the Information Systems accelerated degree program, I design, prepare and deliver a variety of information systems courses including information technology, business operations, strategic planning and business application development.
Independent Consultant (Jan 2010 – Sep 2010)
Application Architect – MetLife Bank / Investments and Freelance Consulting
Engaged as a consultant/architect in a large scale Data Governance effort for MetLife; Developed functional specification for a data governance portal/online user glossary to help the business community access and utilize their data efficiently, knowledgeably and with proper controls; Led team to develop base data for data dictionary/glossary content;
Performed ad hoc development work for a web-based business; Implemented a shopping cart solution as well as site content and navigation revisions.
Cegedim Dendrite/Target Software (Sep 2003 – Dec 2009)
In 2003, Target Software was a custom software development company poised to make the transition to a product-based, market-driven software and services venture serving the pharmaceutical industry. As such, they needed technical individuals that were smart, experienced and market-savvy to fulfill a variety of roles in the rapidly expanding company. I signed on with Target in September 2003 and rapidly transitioned from software development to implementations to client services.
Senior Director, Client Services (2005-2009)
· Built Client Services department from ground up as client based expanded from 3 CRM customers to over 35; Developed and managed 25-person staff supporting customer base of $16MM in revenue
· Oversight of all client service and support for the Target SFA multi-platform product line including: technical implementation, account management, data services, training, help desk and asset management
· Provided oversight and hands-on management of over 30 sales force implementations
· Responsible for growing client revenue by identifying and satisfying customer needs through increased penetration of technical products and services
· Developed key metrics and processes to ensure uniform and consistent customer engagement
· Developed predictive risk analysis model to proactively highlight areas of concern;
· Drove “customer loyalty” culture and led by example; Department maintained high customer satisfaction and 100% reference-ability across all accounts
Technical Account Director/Sr. Director, Implementation & Data (2004-2005)
As the first true technical account manager for the Target SFA platform, I acted as the technical liaison for our customers during implementation and beyond. I had hands-on responsibility for business rule definition, client configuration, customer data conversion, expansion and realignment activities. I also developed training materials and exercises for clients, and trained client field personnel on the Target SFA product suite. As the business expanded, I began to mentor other technical account managers and oversaw the implementation activities for new clients. I developed a Target SFA Implementation Model and best practices for project initiatives to ensure a predictable, repeatable and cost-effective process.
Senior Software Engineer (2003-2004)
I designed and developed the reporting framework, along with 25+ reports, for Target Mobile Web, a web-based application that provides pharmaceutical field sales with a call capture and reporting tool.
Founder and Principal of Logical View, Inc. (Mar 1995 – Aug 2003)
Developing GUI-based, real-time, client-server business applications at Air Products really excited my imagination. Recognizing a trend towards outsourcing, I left my full-time position to pursue IT project opportunities as an independent consultant. My engagements ranged from long-term contracting projects at Fortune 200 companies to short-term projects for small to medium size businesses. After eight years of very rewarding and challenging work as a business owner, I decommissioned the business to pursue interesting growth opportunities at Target Software.
Merck & Co. (2001-2003)
Merck contracted me to enhance and support their worldwide phase I clinical trial data capture application. The application was written in Visual Basic, Access, VBA and Oracle SQL Plus. As the sole resource supporting the application, I was responsible for the complete SDLC process, including documentation and validation test script creation.
Lucent Technologies, Inc. (1999-2001)
Dynamic Technologies/Aspeon, Inc. (1997-1999)
I was contracted by this custom software provider to be the lead developer for three client-server Sales Force Automation applications for different business units of a large, multi-national pharmaceutical firm. The laptop-based application was written in object-oriented Visual Basic, MS Access and MS SQL Server, with links to various MS Office applications using the VBA object model. Work was completed successfully within aggressive time constraints. In addition, I developed a Windows CE 2.0-based SFA prototype for hand-held computers.
Rhone-Poulenc Rorer, Inc. (1995-1997)
I developed a number of interesting software applications for the RPR Finance group. Most of the applications were developed using Visual Basic, MS Office VBA, Access and Windows API. In addition, I constructed both functional and technical specifications for customer sign-off. Applications included:
· A Financial Presentation Generator that automatically generated PowerPoint presentations with embedded graphs
· A Medicaid Rebate System pricing module
· An Economic Value Created modeling tool for exchange rate variance analysis of balance sheets
· A Data Collection System for capture of financial data from remote sites and worldwide affiliates
In addition to the medium to long-term engagements described above, I worked on many short-term projects for a variety of small to medium-size customers. Here is a sampling:
· Developed a B2B web portal to support the marketing of surgical supplies to the healthcare community; Functionality included customer registration/login, order building, submission, tracking, customer management and administration.
· Designed and developed a sales force targeting tool to assist reps in identifying top prospects for call targeting. Data was imported from their current SFA for ad hoc analysis in the tool
· Designed and developed a sales force management tool to assist managers in evaluating and reporting the performance of their sales professionals. The application generated a custom Word document from a standardized VB front-end.
· Developed an application to track the training course compliance of field employees; The application was used by field professionals to log course attendance and by HR personnel to record and track training requirements by job class.
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (Jun 1985 - Mar 1995)
Software Developer/Project Manager (1991-1995)
I moved into application development as a client-server programmer and later moved into a leadership role on that team. Our team designed, developed, implemented, trained and supported a large-scale Visual Basic client/server application to manage engineering project information for 150+ users both local and remote. This was a great learning experience for me, as VB was a relatively new tool, and we tackled the issues related to supporting a distributed client server application.
End User Consultant/Systems Analyst (1985-1991)
After a successful summer internship at Air Products during my senior year in college, I was hired into Emerging Technologies as an End User Consultant, a relatively new role in a new division within the MIS department. My mission was to facilitate the introduction of personal computing and networking technology into the business area. My functional duties included analysis, consultation, planning and training. It was an excellent entry-level position for me, especially given the rapidly changing technical landscape of the time.
PMI Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
|Copyright © 2012, BacaNet - All rights reserved.|